The Matheson History Museum is excited to announce that we will be reopening on Friday, April 2, 2021! We will be offering limited hours from 1-4 pm on Fridays and Saturdays.
The Matheson has consulted the local and national health guidelines and the operating procedures of other museums, such as the Harn Museum of Art and the Florida Museum of Natural History, when creating this reopening plan. We have implemented new safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for all visitors.
If you are not yet ready to join us in person, please explore the digital exhibitions and other resources available on our website. We hope to see you again soon!
What We Ask of You:
- Please be patient – this is new for all of us
- Face coverings that fully cover the mouth and nose at all times are required for all guests over the age of 2. Masks with exhalation valves, bandanas, and neck gaiters are not permitted.
- Maintain distance of at least 6ft (2m) between your party and other people
- Sanitize or wash hands frequently
What We Are Doing:
- Limiting capacity to 12 visitors at a time to ensure social distancing
- Offering hand sanitizer throughout the building as well as bathrooms fully stocked with hand washing supplies
- Requiring all Matheson staff and volunteers to wear face coverings
- Cleaning galleries and public spaces regularly
Tours of the 1867 Matheson House
We are offering a limited number of tours of the 1867 Matheson House to no more than 3 people at a time. Please call 352-378-2280 or email email@example.com to schedule a house tour. It is possible that we can accommodate unscheduled tours during the museum’s open hours, but not guaranteed.
Any visitor, including members of that visitor’s party, who fails to follow the Matheson History Museum signage, rules and instructions, may be denied entry or be required to leave the premise.
Please call us at 352-378-2280 if you have any additional questions prior to your visit.