The Matheson has consulted the local and national health guidelines and the operating procedures of other museums, such as the Harn Museum of Art and the Florida Museum of Natural History, when creating this plan. We have implemented safety procedures to ensure a safe environment for all visitors.
What We Ask of You:
- Face coverings that fully cover the mouth and nose are strongly encouraged.
- Maintain distance of at least 6ft (2m) between your party and other people
- Sanitize or wash hands frequently
What We Are Doing:
- Offering hand sanitizer throughout the building as well as bathrooms fully stocked with hand washing supplies
- Cleaning galleries and public spaces regularly
Tours of the 1867 Matheson House
We are offering a limited number of tours of the 1867 Matheson House. Please call 352-378-2280 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a house tour. It is possible that we can accommodate unscheduled tours during the museum’s open hours, but not guaranteed.
Any visitor, including members of that visitor’s party, who fails to follow the Matheson History Museum signage, rules and instructions, may be denied entry or be required to leave the premise.
Please call us at 352-378-2280 if you have any additional questions prior to your visit.