Ways to Give
- Do your online shopping via smile.amazon.com/ch/59-2885199 and AmazonSmile will donate a percentage to the Matheson!
- Gifts of Cash – Cash gifts can be used to support an area of special interest, to establish an endowed fund, or to support the Matheson’s exhibits and programs. You can donate online by clicking here or mail your check to the museum at 513 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601. Cash gifts received before December 31st will be tax deductible on this year’s tax returns.
- Endowments – Endowments provide a perpetual stream of income that supports the museum’s future.
- Real Estate – A gift of real property can help you avoid paying capital gains tax by making it a gift to the Matheson.
- Securities – By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- Life Insurance or Life Income Plan – You may use one or more life insurance policies to make a future gift to the Matheson naming it as a percentage beneficiary of a new or existing policy or transferring ownership of a new or existing policy to it.
- Bequests – Help us preserve the past for future generations by making a charitable bequest to the Matheson. Simply designate the Matheson History Museum as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or other instrument.
If you have any questions about how to make a legacy gift, please contact Dixie Neilson, Executive Director, at email@example.com or 352-378-2280.
The Matheson History Museum is a 501(c)(3) independent, non-profit organization. The museum’s IRS Form 990s and audit reports are available below.
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION FOR MATHESON HISTORY MUSEUM, A FLORIDA-BASED NONPROFIT CORPORATION (REGISTRATION NO. CH33152), MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE OR VISITING THEIR WEBSITE WWW.FRESHFROMFLORIDA.COM/DIVISIONS-OFFICES/CONSUMER-SERVICES. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.