Ways to Give
- Gifts of Cash – Cash gifts can be used to support an area of special interest, to establish an endowed fund, or to support the Matheson’s exhibits and programs. Cash gifts received before December 31st will be tax deductible on this year’s tax returns.
- Endowments – Endowments provide a perpetual stream of income that supports the museum’s future.
- Real Estate – A gift of real property can help you avoid paying capital gains tax by making it a gift to the Matheson.
- Securities – By making a gift of your appreciated securities, you can avoid paying capital gains tax that would otherwise be due if you sold these assets.
- Life Insurance or Life Income Plan – You may use one or more life insurance policies to make a future gift to the Matheson naming it as a percentage beneficiary of a new or existing policy or transferring ownership of a new or existing policy to it.
- Bequests – Help us preserve the past for future generations by making a charitable bequest to the Matheson. Simply designate the Matheson History Museum as the beneficiary of your asset by will, trust or other instrument.
If you have any questions about how to make a legacy gift, please contact Dixie Neilson, Acting Director, at email@example.com or 352-378-2280.
The Matheson History Museum is a 501(c)(3) private, non-profit organization. The museum’s 2015 and 2016 IRS Form 990 and 2015 audit are available below.