You can now explore our collections online! What is currently available on the Public Access site is only a small part of our collection, so check back regularly for new additions.
Highlights of the Matheson History Museum’s collections include:
- Over 20,000 historic Florida postcards from every county in the state – A selection of the museum’s postcards can be viewed online on the University of Florida Digital Collections website, https://ufdc.ufl.edu/collections/mhcc.
- 1,500 Florida stereoview cards from the late 19th and early 20th centuries
- A large collection of illustrations of Florida from Frank Leslie’s Illustrated Newspaper and Harper’s Weekly newspaper
- The Bone Photograph Collection, featuring photographs taken by local professional photographer Elmer Harvey Bone from the 1920s to the 1950s
- Records of local civic and social groups
- A large Alachua County History Subject File
The Matheson History Museum’s research library books are catalogued in the collection of the Alachua County Library District and are searchable on their website, www.aclib.us.
Want to donate?
We are always looking for artifacts that help tell the history of Alachua County. If you wish to donate or have images/documents you’re willing for us to scan, please contact Chloe Richardson at email@example.com or 352-378-2280.