Library & Archives

Location

418 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL (across the street from the main museum building).

Located in the historic Gainesville Gospel Tabernacle building, which was built in 1933, it was renovated and restored by the museum in 2016.

Hours

By appointment only

The Matheson History Museum collections include more than 20,000 historic Florida postcards, 1,500 stereograph cards, and myriad maps, photographs, documents, books and artifacts. To schedule a research appointment please contact our Curator of Collections Kaitlyn Hof-Mahoney at curator@mathesonmuseum.org or 352-378-2280.

Accessibility

The Library & Archives building has an ADA accessible ramp and bathrooms.

Additional Resources